The Librarian is an integral part of the health care team responsible for providing professional-level health science librarian services to physicians, staff, patients, and other library users across Cook Children’s Health Care System.
- Master's degree in library services from an American Library Association accredited program required.
- 3 years of library experience required; preferably in a healthcare system or academic medical center.
- Prefer experience in using and teaching others to use medical, nursing, and consumer health databases in the classroom and one-on-one settings.
- Must have outstanding communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills as well as strong organizational skills.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification
- Credentialing by the Medical Library Association’s (MLA) Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) is preferred, or working toward AHIP.