Copyright 2022 Cook Children's Health Care System, Fort Worth, Texas
This job posting is no longer active.
Responsible for delivering of a range of activities for Health Plan members to positively impact individual health outcomes and provide assistance to the clinical team of nurses and social workers. Activities include, but are not limited to outreach, assessment, member education, service coordination and member support.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor of Social Work preferred
• Community Health Worker (CHW) training and certification
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in community health, social services, community advocacy, community outreach, health plan member services, or a combination of relevant experience and education.
• Understanding of the community in the Service Delivery Area through shared experiences and/or a strong desire to help people in vulnerable communities. .
• Excellent communication skills. Written and verbal proficiency in English required; Spanish a plus.
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
• Willingness to work in a frequently changing environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, members, and providers.
• Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products.
• Private, reliable transportation.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification
• TX Community Health Worker certification
• Valid Texas Driver License and proof of insurance
*Current Community Health Worker (CHW) training and certification required*
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer