Responsible for organizing ingredients, planning, preparing the food items in their assigned areas of production and setting up foods by designated times, meeting customer satisfaction goals and expectations. Coordinates with Chef/Sous Chef/Supervisor regarding daily activities. Responsible for maintaining cleaning and sanitation of cooking equipment and work area, and prepping ingredients for next days production needs as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- 2 years of experience in food preparation, handling, and presentation of foods in hotel, restaurant, institutional or retail cafeteria setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of weights and measures, perform mathematical calculations used in recipe conversions.
- Must be able to follow and relay oral and detailed written instructions; effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties throughout shift that require standing, walking, pushing up to 400# rolling carts, pulling, stooping, lifting up to 50# containers, and withstand extreme temperatures of hot and cold for periods of time.
- Twelve semester hours of food production courses preferred.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
- Must have valid Ft. Worth Food Handlers Card or obtain within ten working days of hire.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.