Child Neurology Epileptologist Opportunity
Cook Children's Medical Center and Health Care System, located in Ft. Worth, TX, has initiated a national search for a board certified/board eligible child neurologist with subspecialty training in clinical neurophysiology and/or epilepsy.
Cook Children’s Medical Center is a not-for-profit, free standing, 443-bed quaternary care pediatric hospital that is consistently ranked by US News and World Report. Although not academically affiliated, clinical research is an important program component supported by a multi-million dollar Neuroscience Research Endowment providing all necessary components for research development, data acquisition, analysis, and dissemination. Opportunities for teaching and faculty affiliation with the University of North Texas Health Science Center and Texas Christian University are also possible. For a closer look at our services please visit either of the following websites: www.arcuate.org or www.cookchildrens.org/neurology
Cook Children’s is committed to securing an epilepsy specialist whose professional, social, and economic interests would lend themselves to a long-term, cultural fit within the institution, the medical staff, and the community. The candidate will join a seasoned epilepsy team dedicated to improving the care of children in our region through cutting-edge surgical procedures, novel investigative trials, and quality epilepsy care.
Other Programmatic Highlights:
- Joining group of 18-Pediatric Neurologists. Enjoy support from 8-Advanced Practice Providers,
4-Pediatric Neurosurgeons and 3-Neuropsychologists. Enjoy an average of 4 call weekends per year and 2-3 weekday calls per month
- Earning potential above the 90th percentile of MGMA
- 10-bed epilepsy monitoring unit and active epilepsy surgery program (average 40 surgeries/yr)
- Available technologies include 3T and intraoperative-MRI, Magnetoencephalography, PET, SPECT, fMRI, TMS, and HD-EEG
- Expertise in minimally invasive surgical procedures including Stereo-EEG, Laser Interstitial Thermal Ablation, and Endoscopy
- Specialty clinics for ketogenic diet, genetic epilepsy, infantile spasms, and adult epilepsy transition of care
- Dedicated Neuro-ICU with 10 rooms wired for EEG monitoring
- 26-bed state-of-the-art Neuro-Rehabilitation unit located next to the Neurosciences offices
- More than 25,000 patient encounters, 2300 evaluations for newly diagnosed epilepsy, 1350 long term video-EEG and over 3700 outpatient EEG in 2019
- First hospital in the country to establish dedicated Pediatric DBS program and to have Clearpoint Intraoperative iMRI system
- Established comprehensive headache program, stroke program, movement disorder program, and genetic epilepsy clinic
Incumbent must have completed an accredited pediatric specialty training program and be board certified/board eligible in child neurology with subspecialty training in clinical neurophysiology and/or epilepsy. Particular interest and training in epilepsy surgery is preferred, with research experience favored.
Must be qualified to obtain an unrestricted Texas Medical License before commencing employment.
- For more information, contact
Debbie Brimer, Senior Physician Recruiter
Cook Children’s is an EOE/AA, M/F/Disability/Vet.