This job posting is no longer active.
The PN Certified Professional Coding Analyst II is primarily responsible for the accurate assignment of CPT, HCPCS, modifiers and diagnosis codes. Following appropriate coding guidelines, the Coding Analyst II utilizes expert knowledge and application of CPT, HCPCs and ICD-10 coding guidelines to ensure accuracy of coding and charge capture. PN Cert Prof Coding Analyst II must be able to perform a complex review of provider documentation or other types of reports and assign the appropriate CPT code(s), HCPCs, ICD-10 code(s) and appropriate modifier(s) to ensure proper coding and billing, be able to communicate effectively and professionally with providers or other teams to resolve CPT, ICD-10, HCPCs or modifier discrepancies and able to resolve complex coding-related denials.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a medical practice or other related healthcare setting with a minimum of three years’ of coding experience performing in the capacity of a certified medical coder.
- Understanding of diversified insurance plans.
- Proficiency in basic medical terminology.
- Exhibits good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maturity to withstand pressure that may arise in relation to the public, physician or administration interaction or assigned duties.
- Current coding certification through the American Academy of Procedural Coders (AAPC) or other recognized coding certification organization.