Delivers patient meal trays, nourishments/snacks, and floor stock supplies to patient care units. Obtains patient food preferences, menu choices, and provides related follow-up.
Education & Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- Demonstrated competence in a health care setting for at least six months preferred. Must obtain competent score on basic nutrition knowledge test.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective customer service skills and successful completion of customer service training module.
- Ability to perform detailed assignments, follow directions, work under pressure, readily adapt to change in routine and work assignments, and relate to patients, families, and inter- and intra-departmental staff.
- Experience working with computers is preferred.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
- Must have City of Ft. Worth Food Handlers Card prior to employment. Card must be current at all times during employment.