Cook Children's Medical Center and Health Care System, located in Ft. Worth, TX, has initiated a national search for a board certified/board eligible child neurologist with subspecialty training in clinical neuromuscular medicine and electrophysiology.
Cook Children’s Medical Center is a not-for-profit, free standing, 443-bed quaternary care pediatric hospital that is consistently ranked by US News and World Report. Although our primary focus is family-centered clinical care, research is an important program component supported by a multi-million dollar Neuroscience Research Endowment providing robust infrastructure for protocol development, data acquisition, analysis, and dissemination. Opportunities for teaching and faculty affiliation with the University of North Texas Health Science Center and Texas Christian University Medical Schools are also possible.
Cook Children’s is committed to securing a neuromuscular specialist whose professional, social, and economic interests would lend themselves to a long-term, cultural fit within the institution, the medical staff, and the community. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to improving the care of children in our region through cutting edge therapies, investigational studies, and comprehensive care.
Other Programmatic Highlights:
- Joining a comprehensive, multidisciplinary neuroscience group that includes:
- 18 Pediatric Neurologists (2 neuromuscular specialists)
- 8 Advanced Practice Providers
- 4 Pediatric Neurosurgeons
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- MDA Clinical Care Center
- Enjoy strong collaborative relationships including: orthopedic surgery, physical medicine, pain management, palliative care, pulmonology, cardiology, and endocrinology
- Clinics incorporate rehabilitation therapists, social workers, nutritionists and child life specialists
- Treatment offerings include the full range of disease-modifying therapies with active involvement in ongoing clinical trials
- Fully integrated 3D motion analysis laboratory
- Direct access to a 26-bed state-of-the-art Neuro-Rehabilitation unit located next to the Neurosciences offices
- Enjoy an average of 4 call weekends per year and 2-3 weekday calls per month
- Earning potential above the 90th percentile of MGMA
- A busy program that sees more than 33,000 patient encounters annually
- Established programs of excellence in epilepsy, movement disorders, headache, stroke, neuromuscular disorders, and a newly established mitochondrial clinic
Candidate must have completed an accredited pediatric specialty training program and be board certified/board eligible in child neurology with subspecialty training in clinical neuromuscular disorders. All members of the department continue to practice some general neurology in addition to their chosen subspecialty with adequate time allotted to continue growing our neuromuscular program.
Must be qualified to obtain an unrestricted Texas Medical License before commencing employment.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.