The ETL Developer is an emerging IT professional who designs, provides specifications for, and develops Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes for technical solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Design and plan ETL solutions.
- Debug, optimize, monitor, and troubleshoot BI solutions.
- Write and optimize database queries.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments and make recommendations to optimize performance.
- Responsible for writing fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards.
- Participates on project teams.
The ETL Developer has experience with SSIS and SSAS, programming in SQL, C#, shell scripting and/or equivalent programming languages.
Familiar with creating cubes and data warehousing.
Proven experience with design and developing innovative solutions for demanding business situations.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in information technology required.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Spark, or other cloud ETL technologies preferred.
- Azure Data Engineer or equivalent certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Health Care environment preferred.
- Experience with business intelligence tools: Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience programming in SQL, C# and/or equivalent programming languages.
- Experience with Business Intelligence development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of designing and planning ETL solutions.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional modeling.
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting ETL solutions.
- Creating SSIS packages.
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries.
- Experience with data warehousing.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, verification and methodology development.
- The ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both a technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Microsoft SQL certification a plus.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.