Come join the team at Child Study Center – Cook Children’s. Enjoy the stability and support of working for a world-class, non-profit pediatric healthcare system that has been in operation since 1918. Cook Children’s repeatedly ranks among the top 100 companies to work for by multiple raters, including the Dallas Morning News. Our department comprises two clinical programs: Autism Services (long-term comprehensive treatment), and Behavior Disorders Clinic (short-term focused treatment). As a Program Specialist I (our job title for a behavior technician), you will provide therapy based on applied behavior analysis (ABA) to children with autism. No prior experience is required: we provide extensive training to our new employees to enable them to hit the ground running.
- Provide the highest quality 1-on-1 therapy to children with autism.
- Accurately deliver teaching programs from the patient’s individualized curriculum in a fun, motivating, and engaging manner. Common therapy goals include language acquisition, social skills, toilet training, grooming and hygiene, problem behavior reduction, and treatment of picky eating.
- Collect accurate and reliable data on patients’ progress toward treatment goals.
- Interact with patients’ caregivers in a kind and supportive manner.
- Assist behavior analysts (BCBAs) in training caregivers to implement therapeutic practices.
Education & Experience
- High school Diploma.
- Experience in inpatient or partial hospital psychiatric treatment preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification
- Must be a Registered Behavior Technician within 90 days of start date.
- CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention - Units 1-7 & 9-10 plus the CPI Children's Control Position from Unit 8 or must be completed within 60 days of start date.
- If hired at CSC- Heartsaver CPR and CSC SCM training must be completed within 60 days of start date.
The Perks of Working for Child Study Center-Cook Children’s
- A guaranteed, predictable weekly work schedule that won’t be cut or changed when your patient is absent. All staff work from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- No nights; no weekends. To allow our staff and patients to spend time with family, our department closes for a full week for Spring, Summer, and Thanksgiving Breaks; our Winter Break lasts for 2 weeks.
- Avoid driving around the Metroplex to patients’ homes—100% of services are provided in our clinic. Receive ongoing supervision and immediate assistance from our team of behavior analysts.
- Our team of five formally trained behavior analysts (BCBAs) work exclusively on site at Child Study Center. Our clinicians have more than 75 years of combined experience, have published numerous research articles, and have served as reviewers for prestigious behavior-analytic journals.
- Every morning, each clinical team meets with their supervising behavior analyst to discuss patient progress and programming.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.