Instrument Technician II is responsible for performing and monitoring a variety of duties in relation to decontamination, preparation / assembly, sterilization, and distribution of trays and sets, equipment, and supplies in the sterile processing without direct supervision. Performs routine cleaning and preventative maintenance of department equipment. Participates in and monitors distribution of supplies to customers maintaining excellent customer service. Maintains and prevents cross contamination by observing dress codes, environmental policies and traffic control.
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent is required, some college education or advanced training (certified instrument specialist, etc...) is desired.
- Experience as an instrument technician of a minimum 2 years is mandatory.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, proper sterilization procedures, decontamination and assembly procedures per IAHCSMM, AAMI, AORN, AST, OSHA, JCAHO, The Joint commission, safety standards, hospital and departmental policies and procedures, generally as related to the Sterile Processing department.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, surgical instruments, sets and trays to include instruments, classification, disassembly, and cleaning procedure.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
- Current HeartSaver Certification within 30 days of hire and maintained.
- Certification in a national organization for sterile processing is required (CRCST or CBSPD). Failure to maintain certification will result in demotion to Sterile Processing Technician I.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.