The Business Intelligence Developer is an emerging IT professional who analyzes, provides specifications for, and develops reports and dashboards for end user consumption. The Business Intelligence Developer has experience with business intelligence tools such as Microsoft BI stack (e.g., SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS), SAP Business Objects, Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, or Crystal Reports. The Business Intelligence Developer has experience with programming in SQL, R, SAS, Python, or equivalent programming languages. The BI Developer designs and plans BI solutions, as well as debugs, monitors, and troubleshoots BI solutions. The BI Developer writes relational and multidimensional database queries. The BI Developer is familiar with creating cubes and has experience with data warehousing. The BI Developer has proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology development. Forms productive relationships with customers by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively. Participates on project teams. Responsible for relationship with vendors and opening and coordinating issues with vendors. Responsible for writing fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards. Must be available for support by pager or telephone 24 hours per day x 7 days per week.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in information technology required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Health Care environment preferred.
- Experience with business intelligence tools: Microsoft BI stack, SAP Business Objects, Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, or Crystal Reports.
- Experience programming in R, SAS, Python, SQL or equivalent programming languages.
- Experience with Business Intelligence development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of designing and planning BI solutions.
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions.
- Creating and deploying reports and dashboards.
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries.
- Experience with data warehousing.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology development.
- The ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both a technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills. Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
- Required [or must obtain within six (6) months of employment (including one test retake): Epic Cogito, Caboodle Data Model, Clarity Data Model, and one of the following: Clinical/Patient Access/Revenue Cycle Data Model Preferred: Additional Clinical/Patient Access/Revenue Cycle Data Model, and/or other relevant Epic certification(s).
- Microsoft SQL certification a plus.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.